1.NHCI Progress Report Overview
The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA) and Office of Minority Health (OMH) are partnering through the National Hypertension Control Initiative (NHCI): Addressing Disparities among Racial and Ethnic Minority Populations (HTN (Hypertension) Initiative). Through this initiative, HRSA awarded $89.5 million in fiscal year 2021 in supplemental funding to health centers receiving Health Center Program operational grant (H80) funding that meet specified hypertension criteria.
2.Accessing the NHCI Progress Report
|1. Login to EHBs.
|2. From the EHBs home page, click the Tasks tab to view the Pending Tasks - List page.
3. The FY21 NHCI Progress Report task will show 'Progress Report' in the 'Task' column and will show your H80 grant number in the 'Entity' column.
4. Click the Start link in the 'Options' column, to begin your progress report.
3.Completing the NHCI Progress Report
1. On the Progress Report - Status Overview page, you will see the applicable forms to complete the NHCI Progress Report. The report consists of two forms:
2. Click the Update link in the 'Options' column next to the Contact Information Form.
3.1 Completing the Contact Information Form
1. Enter the contact information for the point of contact for your NHCI progress report.
2. Click the Save and Continue button to proceed to the NHCI Form.
3.2 Completing the NHCI Form
1. Complete the following questions on the NHCI Form.
Question 1: Project Status
Question 2: Please provide a status update and describe successes/promising practices and lessons learned on the activities supported with the NHCI-HC (Health Centers) funding in the following areas (identify the activities that have been completed, are in progress, and/or are planned with this funding)
Question 3: Are the implemented/planned activities described above and associated uses of NHCI-HC funds consistent with what you submitted to HRSA in the initial application?
Question 4: Are there or do you anticipate any issues or barriers in the use of the NHCI-HC funding and/or implementing the planned activities?
2. Click the Save and Continue button to proceed to the Review page.
4.Submitting the NHCI Progress Report
1. On the Review page, review your progress report forms to ensure that all information entered is accurate. Access each form by clicking on the View link in the 'Options' column. Click on the Continue button to proceed to the Submit Report page.
2. On the Submit Report page, click on the Submit button to submit your progress report to HRSA.
5.Responding to Change Requests for the NHCI Progress Report
1. After submitting the NHCI Progress Report, HRSA may determine that additional information or corrections are needed to what was originally submitted.
2. If a change request is sent, your progress report will be accessible to you immediately in your pending tasks queue. Follow the steps found in section 1. Accessing the NHCI Progress Report to revisit and update the information in your progress report consistent with the email notification.