- Welcome to the Uniform Data System, UDS, Calendar Year 2017 reporting system enhancements walkthrough.
- Are you ready to see how we have improved the UDS data collection process!
- Today, we will walk through the new functionality that will allow you to…
- Download a template and work on your UDS Performance Report outside of the Electronic Handbooks, EHBs.
- Upload your template directly into the EHBs to populate the sections and tables within your UDS Performance Report.
- Access a downloadable error file listing the errors found in your uploaded template.
- …And publish your data directly to the UDS Reporting site.
- Now, let’s walk through the EHBs to see this new functionality.
- Once you have logged into the EHBs go to the Tasks tab…
- …And locate your ‘UDS Performance Report’ task.
- Helpful Tip! You can use the filter option under the ‘Task’ column to easily locate your UDS Performance Report by typing “Performance Report” into the space provided and clicking the filter icon, here. [character will point to the filter icon report task.
- Once you’ve located the UDS Performance report click edit located on the right-hand side of the page.
UDS Gateway Page
- You will be navigated to the UDS Gateway page.
- Here, you will have the option to choose if you want to access the UDS Performance Data Collection environment or the UDS Reporting Site.
- The Performance data collection environment almost mirrors the UDS Reporting site.
- However, in the Performance data collection environment you can also access the newly added functionality for the ‘Upload/Download File’
- Please note, that you will not have access to the UDS Reporting site until January 1 st .
- Let’s click the ‘Proceed to UDS Performance Data Collection’ button to go to the P ‘Status Overview’ page., which is the landing page from where you can access the different sections and tables of the UDS Performance Report.
Performance Data Collection Environment
- On the Status Overview page, from the left-hand navigation menu, let’s click the ‘Upload/Download File’ link, here [character pointing to the ‘Upload/Download File’ link], which will navigate you to the ‘Download File’ page.
- Microsoft Excel is a spreadsheet with features for calculation, graphing tools, pivot tables , and a macro programming language called Visual Basic for Applications .
- …And JSON is an open standard file format that uses text to transmit data to a web application.
- This capability will allow you to populate your data into the template outside of the EHBs.
- So, depending on your organization’s IT capabilities, you can use your data collection system to auto populate data into your downloaded template or you can enter the data manually.
- This functionality will enhance the cumbersome data entry process and save time by allowing you to auto populate your data directly into the downloaded template
- So, let’s choose the Excel option and download the template.
- The template will be downloaded directly to your computer.
- Helpful Tip! We suggest that you save a clean version of your template to your computer, in the event of wanting to start report from scratch.
- Once you have uploaded a completed template into the system all subsequent downloads will be populated with the data that you have entered.
- Now, let’s open the Excel template.
- Please note, the downloaded template will have your BHCMIS ID, which is a unique identifier in the EHBs for your organization, and a template version number in the file name.
- The Readme text displayed on the first worksheet provides a brief description of the template and UDS help resources.
- The remainder of the worksheets within the template are broken down by the different sections
and tables within the UDS report.
- For example, the data entered into these two worksheets “T-PBZC” and “T-PBZC-Other”, will populate the ‘Patients By Zip Code’ section of the UDS report.
- You can navigate to the different sections and tables within the UDS report by clicking the worksheet tabs located at the bottom of the file, here.
- if you were to choose to download the JSON Template instead of Excel, you will need to have program such as ‘Notepad++’ to open the file.
- the JSON file is broken down into different tables
- …And each table is broken down by Funding Stream, Sections, Row and Individual columns for each row.
- So, depending on your organizations IT capability, your data collection vendor can be used to auto populate your UDS data into the template
- Once you have entered your data into your template, save the changes you have made to the template, so you can upload the completed template into the system.
- Click the ‘Continue’ button to navigate to the ‘Upload File’ section.
- Let’s choose our template and process the file.
- Please note, you have an ‘Upload History’ and ‘Action History’ link within the Resources section located, here [character pointing to the link] and available on the ‘Download-File’, ‘Upload-File’ and Publish pages.
- Upload History allows you to see who has uploaded a template and when they uploaded the template into the system.
- …And you can download templates that have been previously uploaded.
- Helpful Tip! Each uploaded template is assigned a unique identifier in sequential order.
- The Action History link provides you with a log of all actions that were performed, such as uploading a file or publishing to the UDS Reporting site.
- Remember, having clean, complete, and validated data is important when reporting into the UDS
- So, once your file has been successfully processed, you can view any errors by clicking the error file link in the Error Summary section here.
- This displays both the number of edits that have been verified, and the number of edits that have failed.
- Let’s download the error file by clicking the link located here in the ‘Error Summary’ section.
- The error file will be downloaded to your computer.
- Let’s open the file.
- Here, we can see the errors that have occurred once we uploaded our data into the system.
- Column A displays the error code.
- B, displays the error message.
- C, displays the table name.
- D, displays a short description of the error.
- …And Column E displays the funding stream.
- So, to fix theses errors you can update the data directly in the tables by navigating to them from the Status overview page.
- …Or you can re-download your template, correct the data within your template and upload the corrected template into the system.
- It’s time to finally time to publish your data to the UDS Reporting Site!
- Remember, you will not be able to publish your data until January 1 st .
- So, from the ‘Upload file’ page, let’s click the ‘Continue’ button, here [character pointing to the button] .
- You will land on the ‘Publish Data’ page, where you will need to certify that the data you have entered is correct by typing “I Agree” here.
- Now, click the ‘Publish Data’ button.
- If there aren’t any system or data entry errors, you will be navigated to the ‘Confirm Publish Data’ page.
- Click ‘Confirm’ to publish your data to the UDS Reporting site.
- If your data has been successfully published, you will be navigated to the UDS Reporting site
- …. And a success message will be displayed at the top of the Status Overview page on the UDS Reporting site.
- Remember, before you can submit to HRSA, validate your tables and run the Data Audit Report.
- Wow, that’s a lot of information, but we are excited about the enhancements that have been made to the UDS data collection process and we hope you are too.
- As always, thank you for tuning in with us for today’s session!
- If you’re working on the UDS report and need some assistance with UDS content, you can contact the UDS Help by email at email@example.com or you can call them toll free at 1-866-837-4357.
- If you are experiencing technical issues with your UDS report in the EHBs, contact REI’s UDS support at UDS-Support@reisystems.com.
- If you have an EHBs account related question, contact the HRSA Contact Center at 1-877-464-4772.