Video: Requesting a Submission Deadline Extension
How can I request a deadline extension?
Follow the steps below to determine if a deadline extension is allowed and submit the extension request:
- Go to [https://grants.hrsa.gov/webexternal/ and click the Tasks tab at the top of the screen. The Pending Tasks page will open.
- In the left navigation panel, click the Submissions link. The Submissions - Incomplete List page will open.
- Locate the submission for which you want to request a deadline extension. Click the drop-down menu under the Options column to view a list of options for that submission. If the submission allows extension requests, the Request Extension option will appear.
- Select the Request Extension link. The Submission Extension - Request page will open.
- Select the date to which you would like the submission deadline extended using the calendar icon or enter it directly in the format "mm/dd/yyyy."
- In the Record Comments text box, enter a detailed explanation as to why you are requesting an extension.
- Click Submit to HRSA button. The Submission Extension - Request Confirm page will be displayed. Review the information and verify that it appears correctly.
- Click the Submit to HRSA button to complete the process.
- You will receive an email notification from HRSA when a decision has been made.